Title: Programmer 3- Oracle
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: 12 Months
Experience: 8+ years
Interview type: In-Person (So locals preferred)
US Citizens and those who are authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
The Transportation Mobility Planning Division is seeking an experienced Programmer/Analyst to assist the team in enhancing, performance tuning, and maintaining SPS( State Planning System).
- Plans, develops, tests, and document SPS oracle tables, MVs,views,procedure,functions, and packages.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency and new requirements.
- Monitors SPS performance.
- Develop modules for Web and desktop applications to facilitate the needs of transportation planners.
- Assisting in formulating the plan outlining steps required to develop SPS enhancements and increase software functionality.
- Consults with user(s) to identify current operating procedures and program objectives.
- Documenting procedures, validating data for accuracy and completeness.
- Writing documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
|Required Experience & Skills
- Must have 8 years of considerable Oracle programming and performance tuning experience
- Must have 8 years of strong experience working with web services
- Knowledge of Linear Referencing Systems and experience using the ArcGIS Linear Referencing Tools.
- Knowledge of data gathering techniques and various systems for organizing and interpreting such data.
- Knowledge of GIS System Architecture to maintain and support enterprise GIS infrastructure
- Working knowledge of transportation planning principals
- Excellent verbal/written skills for documentation and training processes.