Title: Sr. Storage Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
Duration: 6 months, contract to hire
Please note, this role is a contract to hire role and thus, not available to third parties on a C2C basis.
Sr. Storage Engineer will have responsibility for the support of distributed SAN and Backup environment across multiple states, using Veritas and EMC technologies along with other storage related technologies. This Sr. Storage Engineer must possess an understanding of a complex combination of various storage technologies and operating systems and must be able to design, implement and maintain Storage solutions. The Senior Storage Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting the SAN and Backup infrastructure.
|Required Experience & Skills
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining storage hardware and software, including storage subsystems, switches, cabling, etc.
- Provisioning storage for use by UNIX/Windows servers
- Ensuring data stored on enterprise storage subsystems is adequately protected from media, hardware or facility failure
- Ensuring optimal performance of storage subsystems
- Providing Tier III support during off hours and weekends
- Developing and maintaining documentation related to SAN configuration and storage provisioning
- Developing reports to indicate storage performance, capacity, usage, cost, etc.
- Managing the backup and recovery of data on storage subsystems
- Assisting in the evaluation, design and implementation of current and future enterprise storage hardware and software
- Performing testing in preparation of storage related hardware or software upgrades
- Meeting with end clients to design their storage solution
- Experience administering enterprise & mid-tier storage subsystems (EMC DMX & ClariiON) and understanding of concepts such as split-mirror, snapshot backups and remote storage replication
- Solid understanding of storage networking fundamentals, concepts, and components, including storage subsystems, SCSI, Fibre Channel, switches, iSCSI, HBAs, virtualization, zoning, LUN masking, LVM , etc.
- Experience administering enterprise backup and recovery software (Veritas Netbackup 5.1)
- Must possess a strong understanding of how the SAN is affecting enterprise Backup solutions
- Scripting experience preferred
- Proficient understanding of Oracle as it relates to Storage, Backup and restore technology
- Proficient understanding of UNIX as it relates to Storage and Backup technology
- Must be independent, organized, self-motivated and responsible
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills